G.B.F.C.A Round 7 – The Highland Challenge
Blair Atholl Ranges – Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October 2023
Friday 6th October
Un-Squadded, informal practice from 12:00hrs at 900 yards
Saturday 7th October
Match 1 – 2+15 @ 900 yards
Match 2 – 2+15 @ 900 yards
Match 3 – 2+15 @ 900 yards
Sunday 8th October (Start at 09:30hrs)
No Blow Offs, 3x none-convertable sighters instead.
Match 4 – 2+15 @ 900 yards
Match 5 – 2+15 @ 900 yards
Prize giving and departure approx 14:00hrs
- Electronic targets will be in use.
- Shooters will be squadded in pairs in F/O & F/TR classes.
- Prizes will be awarded to 3rd place overall and for each stage + Daily Aggs.
- No tie shoots, ties will be decided by counting out.
- Score cards will be available on range on Friday and Saturday AM.
- Detail timings may be subject to change.
- Range limits are: MV 3,275fps, ME 5,160fps (7k Joules).
- There will be 1 minute of blow-offs before Saturday’s M1. On Sunday you will have 3 non-convertible sighters before starting your M4.
Cars may be parked behind the 900yrds, 1000 yards or behind the 1100 yards firing point but space MUST be left to allow the free passage of Atholl Estate and/or Energency vehicles.
Targets will be available on Friday for an informal unsquadded practice from 12:00hrs to 16:00hrs.
No rifles are to be put on the firing point until the RCO gives permission.
Before any rifles can be removed from the firing point, you must remove the bolt so your firing partner can inspect your rifle before signing your score card.
Please then insert a breech flag into your chamber and keep the bolt out!
Driving to and from the range:-
Continued use of West Atholl RC’s Jubillee Range depends on the goodwill of the Atholl Estates. The club has agreed with the Estate that range users will limit themselves to 15mph on the section between the road junction below Home Farm and the range itself.
Please keep to the speed limit and help us to ensure that this presious facility continues to be available…
Thanks in advance,
The G.B.F.C.A Committee